Sunday 8 May 2016

Aftermath

Currys And Laithwaites: The Aftermath
Following on from my previous posting I emailed both Currys and Laithwaites to say that I had written up my experience of their sites and directed them here. Laithwaites emailed back to say thank you and that my write up had been referred to their web team. Whether Laithwaites do anything about my comments or not remains to be seen but they are clearly open to feed back so there is hope.

The response from Currys was different. They emailed back to say they weren't able to read my write up. I presume that this waa because of some company restriction on accessing this site rather than dyslexia or illiteracy on their part. Their email went on to request details of the purchase I had made for which I wished to make a claim. I obviously did not wish to make a claim since the whole point of this correspondence was that I hadn't been able to make a purchase because of their inexplicable insistence on a UK billing address. Clearly, in the case of currys, the robots have taken over, maybe an overspill from their sister organisation PC World (or should that be PC UK if their billing system is the same as Currys?).

No comments:

Post a Comment